Monday, February 9, 2009

so thankful

My heart goes out to all those who have lost family and friends, as well as everything they own, in the fires in Victoria. The danger isn't over yet, as many of the blazes continue to rage on. To think that some of these fires may have been deliberately lit just sends me beyond mad.

We lost everything in a housefire when I was younger, and you never ever forget how that feels.

Anyone who hasn't heard the details, the current death toll is 131, expected to rise even further. http://ninemsn.com.au/ has more details, and those wishing to donate can go to http://www.redcross.org.au/ to make a one off contribution. Already people are rallying to support those affected - in our own town, someone has organised shipping containers to take over goods for others - clothes, household goods, dry/canned foods etc. I can't think if a better reason to simplify my life than to make someone elses better!



I look at this little face every day and I am thankful.

1 comment:

Georgie Love said...

Who wouldn't be thankful? He's beautiful! I tear up at least 2 times a day when I look at Ruby! I used to be so tough! ;-)