Sunday, September 7, 2008

3 weeks



On the home stretch now. Considered full term at this point, so if I was to go into labour now, nobody would stress about it. Except maybe me! But no... no need for that. The image above is me at 20 weeks (and Ms. Bessy) in the first and probably last dress I made with no pattern. One of those character building experiences! Fabric is a bamboo stretch knit from www.fabricandart.com, in the yummiest pistachio green. Love it! Gonna have to replace the bias binding around the neckline with ribbing of some sort if I want to use this dress for feeding.


Finalyl used the stretch cotton sateen I got for a song earlier this year, and sewed myself a baby pouch! Have made them for everyone else, but... now it's done for me too! So, bring it on, baby! Was going to do some kind of block or screen print, but at the last minute, changed my mind and decided to applique some felt instead. Took me a whole viewing of "Matchmaker" and at least one M*A*S*H episode to finish, mostly because I did to mirror image bird-and-branch combos, so I could fully reverse the sling if I need to. I like to keep my options open!

No comments: