Tuesday, August 26, 2008

visiting the family


Spent this weekend visiting my parents in Perth, probably the last trip we'll manage down there till after the baby's born. Only 4.5 weeks to go now! That 6-and-a-bit-hour car trip is just about as long as I can handle sitting still at the moment. I feel tired today and techincally, all I did was sit on my rear! But no, I did do a lot while we were away, without (what have become) my necessary nanna-naps in the afternoon.



I so prefer the type of bush that's found closer to the coast - for one thing, it's actually interesting, and they have (gasp!) wildflowers! Unlike our patch of red dirt. All these photos were taken on a morning walk with my mum. I thought the little seed pods above looked like little butterflies perched on reeds, with the sun shining through their wings.


Of course, no trip to Perth would be complete without a trip to Ikea! We got together a few last items of furniture that we "think" we need. I'm sure we could have done fine without, but I'm blaming my "nesting" urge. Which, weirdly enough, has so far manifested in a huge creative surge over the last few weeks. I haven't had one of those phases in about 2 years, so I'm milking this one for all it's worth.

No comments: